Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Power so far

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Rboosted717's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2000
    Posts
    690
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well after more tuning we ended up with 241.3whp and 167.4trq. The car is extreamly detuned due to my stock compression/internals I'm running. After working on the bottom end area the power dropped to 241whp and 165trq because we pulled some power out to be safe. I'm still running the bad top fuel 2.25" exhaust. Once I put the thermal on I should gain around 7-10whp just from that alone. So I figure when were done the car will have 250whp and 170trq. BTW- the boost at VTEC kick in is around 9-10psi, put from 7000-on the boost falls to 8-9psi due to the cam design of the type R's.
    Damn after driving this beast, my heart is still beating at insane speeds. The blower now whines more (louder) and the exhaust screams like its gonna pop (which it probally will). lol
    The car pings a little still here and their, so once the thermal is on, were gonna work on that.
    Oh well, not bad however, the blower gets fu@king hot after driving it!

    ------------------
    Mike Marsey
    '98 ITR #0717
    Supercharged w/234+whp & 150+trq @ 5psi
    For all your JRSC type R questions, go to:
    http://www.geocities.com/superchargedtyper/

    [This message has been edited by Rboosted717 (edited October 03, 2001).]

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2000
    Posts
    3,835
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Mike

    Two things: First, can you clarify your numbers above... you mentioned "detuning" and have posted 100 HP MORE than before with the same torque figures...
    Second, with regards to the "detuning" that occurred... what peak HP and Torque figures did you come up with MAXIMUM before you got protective/conservative ???


    ------------------



    '93 Civic Si H/B with B18C1, JRSC @ 8psi
    Best 1320: 12.68 at 110 mph

  3. #3
    Inactive Member VaporTrail's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 26th, 2000
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    it wasn't that long ago that I got flamed for posting about a ITR that I tuned at 5 psi that made 230whp. Guess that's not so far fetched now, is it?

    ------------------
    -JG-
    -1994 Civic EX-
    -Block in the shop, turbo in the closet!-
    -vapor-trail.net-

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Rboosted717's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2000
    Posts
    690
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    thats odd because I hit 230whp with a 5psi setup. What was your setup. Most likely people will say your numbers are fake if your setup doesn't match your numbers.

    ------------------
    Mike Marsey
    '98 ITR #0717
    Supercharged w/234+whp & 150+trq @ 5psi
    For all your JRSC type R questions, go to:
    http://www.geocities.com/superchargedtyper/

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Rboosted717's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2000
    Posts
    690
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    no I mean that number is the number I left with. Detuned I ment that the car could put out a lot more, but that number seemed safe to play with. We can push it a lot more with timing and fuel, but 241whp and 167trq is fine with me.

    ------------------
    Mike Marsey
    '98 ITR #0717
    Supercharged w/234+whp & 150+trq @ 5psi
    For all your JRSC type R questions, go to:
    http://www.geocities.com/superchargedtyper/

  6. #6
    Inactive Member austrian type-R's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2000
    Posts
    604
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    WOW! You are again 3 steps infront of me! hehe

    ------------------
    Supercharged ITR?98 @ 5.5psi
    BTC unit, Apexi VAFC, K&N short ram intake, skunk2 cam gears, Kamikaze 2.5", ceramic header, Thermal 3" exhaust, RC 310 injectors, Cartech FMU, AEM FPR
    13.775 seconds 0-402 meters (1/4 mile)
    http://www.geocities.com/superchargedtyper
    http://www.geocities.com/autitr/myin...l?991952862150

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Rboosted717's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2000
    Posts
    690
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    "have posted 100 HP MORE than before with the same torque figures... " what do you mean?

    Before the raised boost I hit a max of 230's whp and 150trq. Now I hit 240's whp and 167trq.
    After a few runs on the dyno, here's what the numbers looked like:
    235whp
    238whp
    234whp
    239whp
    241whp
    238whp
    As for trq I forget off the top of my head. But it did run around the 155-167trq range.

    My second to final run was 241whp and 167trq.
    My last run (doing some guess and check with timing) was 238whp and 165trq. Since I lost a few whp across the band we put it back to the last setting and called it a day since it was getting late.

    ------------------
    Mike Marsey
    '98 ITR #0717
    Supercharged w/234+whp & 150+trq @ 5psi
    For all your JRSC type R questions, go to:
    http://www.geocities.com/superchargedtyper/

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 1999
    Posts
    795
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    In your 1st post you stated you had 341 whp which I'm sure is a typo and you meant to say 241whp.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member BurntGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 26th, 2000
    Posts
    393
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Mike had a type in his first post. Mike, ya put 300 something HP in one of your sentances.


    ------------------
    Silvino

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Rboosted717's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2000
    Posts
    690
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    oh lol lol lol
    Damn I feel stupid! I was like WTF is everyone talking about! hahahahahaha
    I guess I should proof reading my posts better! hahahaahahahaaha
    241whp and 167trq!!!!
    hahahahaah

    ------------------
    Mike Marsey
    '98 ITR #0717
    Supercharged w/234+whp & 150+trq @ 5psi
    For all your JRSC type R questions, go to:
    http://www.geocities.com/superchargedtyper/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •